The Lackawanna County Area Agency on Aging is providing assistance for qualifying senior citizens residing in Lackawanna County with their 2016 State Property Tax/Rent Rebate forms.
To qualify for the rebate, Pennsylvanians must be age: 65 and older; widow and widowers age 50 and older; and people with disabilities age 18 and older. The income limit for a Homeowner is $35,000 and $15,000 for Renters. Rebates range from $250-$650. The Department of Revenue will begin mailing and depositing rebates on July 1. The deadline for filing the form(s) is June 30.
Howard McIntosh, Senior Outreach Worker for Telespond Senior Services who provides assistance to the Aging Department, will be visiting Senior Centers, high rises and low rises throughout Lackawanna County to help complete the forms.
He will be visiting the Senior Centers from 9 AM – 11 AM on the following days and locations:
- South Side Center, 425 Alder Street, Scranton, on the first Wednesday of every month
- West Side Center, 1004 Jackson Street, Scranton, on the first Thursday of every month
- Dunmore Center, 1414 Monroe Avenue, Dunmore, on the second Friday of every month
- Carbondale Center, 66 N Church Street, Carbondale, on the third Thursday of every month
- Abington Center, 1151 Winola Road, Clarks Summit, on the third Friday of every month
- Mid-Valley Center, 310 Church Street, Jessup, on the fourth Wednesday of every month
Howard can also assist with completing Pennsylvania 600 applications and a variety of other tax-related forms, as needed. Mr. McIntosh can also be reached to schedule visits to the homebound by calling 570-290-0578 or 570-961-1950.